Thursday, May 7, 2009

A check on Riley's "Harp"

For the longest time Riley thought that her heart was called her Harp! She would listen to her puppy's harp and the dr would listen to her harp at her checkups!
Well, at her 3 yr checkup Dr Grills could hear a heart murmur and said that we needed to see a pediatric cardiologist to have it checked out! He said that it was most likely harmless but b/c a slight few are serious we needed to have it looked into!
So yesterday, on Kinsey's bday, we went to Joplin to see the cardiologist! Justin and I had talked to her the night before and told her that they would put a wand (we used the TV remote! Who knew it was so functional?) on her tummy and when they did she would be able to see her heart and hear it on a TV! She didn't think that sounded to bad!
The first thing they did was an EKG which caught me off gaurd! I didn't know that was going to be done so I wasn't able to explain it to her! I sat on the bed with her and she layed so perfectly still and just smiled at Nana and I! It took the nurse longer to hook up everything then it did to do the actual EKG!
After we saw the dr he ordered the ultrasound! The tech that did the ultrasound (Uncle Rick was his name) was soooo good with Riley! He even gave her a pic of her heart to take home and show to her Daddy! The ultrasound took a little longer but she was perfect! She layed on the bed and held my hand and whispered (I think that's the only time she has ever whispered in her life) to Nana a few times! After the ultrasound the dr saw us again and told us that she was perfect!
For being the perfect patient, Nana and I took her to the mall and let her pick out the cookie of her choice! We spent the rest of the day goofing off with nana in Joplin! I had 2 very tired girls at the end of the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment